Born & raised in Montreal and came to Queen’s and fell in love with Kingston. Love the downtown vibe, the great restaurants, the beauty of the 1000 islands, the Kingston architecture, the friendliness of the city, the proximity to other major cities, and so much more!
Became licensed as a Realtor in 1991 and quickly realized what a great business real estate can be. “I love working with 1st Time buyers and the thrill that they experience!”, says Kim, “and I enjoy walking them through every step from start to finish as there is so much to learn, so many decisions…they need someone they can rely upon”. “Being patient is crucial in this business as buying and/or selling a home is a HUGE decision and there is so much info out there that the consumer can easily become overwhelmed”, adds Kim, “Take your time, I am here whenever you need me”, she continues, “when you are ready, I will be, too!”. She adds, “no one likes the old fashioned pushy sales person – yuck!”
Having the Accredited Senior Agent designation is a benefit to the fast-growing senior demographic in Kingston. “Many seniors haven’t sold a home in a long, long time or ever!”, says Kim, “They really need to be educated and this can take hours…that’s ok! If they’re happy, I am, too!”. Helping the family deal with an estate sale and coordinating various services related to the sale (painting, cleaning, reno’s, etc.) is something that Kim also offers as part of her services. (read more about the A.S.A. Designation and what it means to you by clicking here)
People think that all agents are the same and offer the same services and they wonder why there is a discrepancy with commission rates. “Every home is unique and requires a special marketing plan in order to result in a successful sale with a happy seller”, explains Kim, “Video, floor plans, staging consults, quality flyers, personal service… Not all agents offer this as part of their service so these are questions one should ask when selecting a Realtor to sell your home”.
Real estate is very much a people business and you really have to ‘connect’ with your client in order to have a successful relationship and business transaction. Kim enjoys working with fewer clients at a time in order to not sacrifice the quality of service that she provides. She happily grins, “many of my clients have remained in touch well after the deal and we have become friends…that’s the best part of this business”.
In Kim’s spare time, she loves, loves, loves to travel(!) but need not fear, it is usually only in the ‘off-season’ and a few weekends here and there. Kim has a several, full-time business colleagues with whom she partners and who fill in during these deserved family vacation breaks and ‘me time’. “It is crucial that the client is never forgotten and that their needs are always serviced!” Skiing, hockey, family & friend time, cooking and red wine(!) also make up Kim’s life and are key to maintaining the balance needed in the crazy life of a Realtor.
Kim welcomes you to call and chat about your real estate needs and she hopes to earn your business and add you to her list of happy clients!
Overview of Qualifications:
REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE:
- LICENSED REALTOR SINCE JANUARY 1991
- INVOLVED IN HUNDREDS OF SUCCESSFUL REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS – condos, homes, multi-res, vacant land, cottages
- RECEIVED NUMEROUS SALES ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS THROUGH THE YEARS
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & DESIGNATIONS:
- ASA – ACCREDITED SENIORS AGENT
- CERTIFIED NEGOTIATION EXPERT
- WORLD WIDE WHO’S WHO AFFILIATION
- GREATER KINGSTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE:
- 8 YEARS MANAGING ONE OF KINGSTON’S MOST SUCCESSFUL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT FIRMS – ACQUIRED SUBSTANTIAL KNOWLEDGE OF TENANT – RELATED MATTERS, CONDOMINIUMS, MULTI-UNIT APT.’S, NON-RESIDENT TAXATION LAWS
- QUEEN’S UNIVERSITY, BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (HONS) 1988
- MARIONOPOLIS COLLEGE, SCIENCE 1984
- CONVENT OF THE SACRED HEART HIGH SCHOOL 1982
- MARRIED WITH 2 GIRLS AGED 19 & 22
- HOMETOWN – MONTREAL
- HOBBIES INCLUDE WOMEN’S HOCKEY, DOWNHILL SKIING, GOLF
- LOVE TO TRAVEL
- ENJOY LANGUAGES (FRENCH, SPANISH) /MEETING NEW PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY SENIORS
- VOLUNTEER WORK